Family Planning Program Manager (Los Angeles)
The Family Planning Program Manager is a member of the Title X family planning team and serves as a primary point of contact and technical assistance resource to Title X-funded health centers in California (CA). The program manager will provide guidance and support, identify opportunities for improvement and address challenges, and assist with quality improvement activities. In partnership with the team and CA's Title X network, safeguard the availability of equitable, client-centered, high-quality sexual + reproductive health care for all.
This position is based in the organization's Los Angeles office with a hybrid remote/in-office work schedule. Salary range for this position is 65k-75k.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Family Planning Programs to implement CA’s Title X Family Planning program following federal requirements and priorities.
- Provide input and support the strategic direction of Essential Access Health’s Title X Family Planning Program.
- Monitor and evaluate sub recipients and community partner’s performance based on adherence to Title X program requirements, contract agreements, and compliance with the scope of work.
- Provide comprehensive, on-site, and remote technical assistance to assigned sub recipients.
- Review all required program reports and provide feedback, as needed including quarterly financial reports, biannual progress reports, and other project-specific requests.
- Conduct annual compliance and 3-year sub recipients program reviews and produce associated reports, including strengths and areas for improvement, training needs, and requested technical assistance.
- Assist in planning and coordination of quarterly regional Title X meetings, coordinate new agency orientation and other required convenings, including regular communication with sub recipients + community partner contacts.
- Support and lead components of the Annual Title X Network Meeting.
- Partner with the Research and Evaluation Division on Title X evaluation activities throughout the project period.
- Assist with writing and/or gathering information for annual Title X program reports, Title X competitive and non-competitive funding applications, internal program documents, and other miscellaneous internal and external data requests.
- Compose routine correspondence and document actions or activities as required.
- Represent Essential Access Health at public forums, conferences, coalitions and meetings.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s) in public health, public administration, related field or four years’ equivalent experience in a health or public health setting.
- Direct experience with project management (program implementation, management, and evaluation) in a health or public health setting.
- Knowledge of and interest in community health and primary care practice environments and operations, including trends and concepts related family planning, public health, and/or social services.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills including strong communication, presentation and training/meeting facilitation skills; excellent writing, research, analytical skills; ability to motivate and drive change; and ability to support health center and manage relationships remotely.
- Work well in a multidisciplinary team, and able to work collaboratively with diverse and varied individuals, teams, and populations both internally and externally.
- Ability to develop effective administrative procedures.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and project management skills.
- Ability to develop and meet realistic deadlines.
- Excellent detail orientation, with the ability to assume and manage diverse projects.
- Experience with digital technology platforms and online tools.
- Ability to work under pressured conditions, i.e. short deadlines, changing health care environment, multiple demands, grant funding environment.
- Available to travel, including overnight, evenings, and some weekends.
- Commitment to Essential Access Health’s mission of championing and promoting quality sexual + reproductive health care for all.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Essential Access Health is committed to fostering a work environment and organizational culture where all staff members feel welcomed, safe, respected, and valued. We strive to create a workplace that is free from discrimination and advances equity and inclusion. We commit to a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
Job and internship postings are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.