Learning Exchange (LE) Intern
Essential Access Health (Essential Access) is a nonprofit organization that champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. We achieve our mission through an umbrella of programs and services including advanced clinical research, provider training, clinic support initiatives, advocacy and consumer awareness.
Essential Access has a paid internship opportunity in our Learning Exchange department. The Learning Exchange Intern will be exposed to the development, facilitation, and evaluation of trainings on a variety of sexual and reproductive health topics including birth control, abortion and pregnancy options counseling. Intern will assist with health education skills assessment through the evaluation of videos created by training attendees. This position can be performed remotely.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning Objectives for Internship
- Attend and support the delivery of (virtual) trainings including, and Family Planning Health Worker and Pregnancy Options Counseling.
- Identify the necessary components of training curriculum development.
- Participate in curriculum and training material development.
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals of contraceptive counseling.
- Obtain Family Planning Health Worker certification.
- Conduct Family Planning Health Worker video evaluation.
- Other objectives, reflective of intern’s interests, experience and education.
- College degree related to public health, health education, human sexuality, or similar. Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Enthusiasm for and interest in sexual and reproductive health and adult learning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Some experience with presentations and/or group facilitation very helpful.
- Experience with on-line learning very helpful.
- Bilingual Spanish skills very helpful.
How to Apply
Submit a current resume and a cover letter addressing why you are interested in pursuing an internship in sexual and reproductive health care to the email address on the listing.