Medication Abortion Access Program Evaluation Intern
Essential Access Health (Essential Access) has a paid internship opportunity in our Learning Exchange department. The Medication Abortion Access Program Evaluation Intern will be exposed to the development, facilitation, and evaluation of trainings on a variety of sexual and reproductive health topics including birth control, abortion and pregnancy options counseling. The intern will support the program evaluation of our Medication Abortion Access Project and will assist with health education skills assessment through the evaluation of videos created by training attendees.
This position can be performed remotely.
- College degree related to public health, health education, human sexuality, or similar. Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Experience in public health research or related field required.
- Experience in qualitative research
- Experience in client interviews
- Enthusiasm for and interest in sexual and reproductive health and adult learning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Some experience with presentations and/or group facilitation very helpful.
- Experience with on-line learning very helpful.
- Bilingual Spanish skills very helpful.
Primary Activities and Learning Objectives:
- Develop an understanding of medication abortion (MAB)
- Assist with MAB Project program evaluation including developing, conducting and transcribing in-depth interviews with student health center staff.
- Help summarize and visualize results from data analysis of both qualitative (interview) and quantitative (survey) data.
- Attend and support the delivery of trainings including MAB, Pregnancy Options Counseling and Family Planning Health Worker.
Additional Activities and Learning Objectives:
- Identify the necessary components of training curriculum development.
- Participate in curriculum and training material development.
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals of contraceptive counseling.
- Obtain a Pregnancy Options Counseling certification.
- Conduct Pregnancy Options Counseling video evaluations.
- Other objectives, reflective of intern’s interests, experience and education.
How to Apply - please submit
- A completed Application Form (Get Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- A current resume
- A cover letter addressing why you are interested in pursuing an internship in sexual and reproductive health care.
To apply send all the above by e-mail to:
Questions? Call 213.386.5614 x4415