Staff Accountant, CA Reproductive Health Equity Initiative
The Staff Accountant will support the accounting and financial management of our CA Reproductive Health Equity Initiative. This position fills a key role on the finance team for the duration of the grant funding years and reports to the Senior Financial Analyst.
This position is a hybrid model (2 days a week in office setting.) The salary range for the position is $70-75k
- Work collaboratively with teams across Essential Access and possess solid interpersonal and professional relationship building skills.
- Learn and comply with Essential Access Health’s financial policies and procedures, AICPA, and GAAP and become the subject matter expert (SME) of CA Reproductive Health Equity Initiative programs.
- Learn SAGE Intacct accounting system and AP process to ensure program journal entries and invoices for timely and accurate processing.
- Collaborate via phone and Zoom with grantee financial contacts to review and approve financial reports and provide technical assistance as needed.
- Manage grant financial reporting/invoicing/tracking/training per contract terms, including maintaining electronic documentation, providing program related research of expenses, chart of account coding for program invoices, ensuring grant compliance, and seeking solutions for any budget and/or grant constraints. Monitor and respond to inquiries related to the program and grantees.
- Analyze monthly budget against actual results for the program; work closely with the program team to develop fiscal plans to ensure appropriate spending, billing, and compliance for the contract. Provide finance and accounting technical assistance to program project managers.
- Monitor and prepare/enter all journal entries to record re-class entries and/or adjustments.
- Prepare account reconciliations.
- Perform additional general ledger, finance, and accounting duties for the program as needed.
- Other general accounting functions as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in accounting role.
- Highest level of integrity and work ethic.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills – always maintain skepticism and questing mind in problem solving and ability to seek process improvement.
- Working technical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, accounting practices and systems and ability to research topics as required.
- Thorough knowledge of Excel, comfort level in learning and adapting to different computer systems, as well as demonstrated interest in using technology to increase innovation and streamline daily work.
- Ability to learn methods of grants accounting, reporting, and management.
- Ability to take constructive criticism and comfort with learning on the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines, with strong results orientation
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A current California Driver’s License, current registration and current automobile insurance coverage is required if you drive on company business.
Essential Access Health’s mission is to champion and promote quality sexual + reproductive health care for all. All employees must be supportive of Essential Access Health mission and goals and be able to handle mature subject material about sexual and reproductive health in a confident and professional manner.
Tell us why you are a great fit for Essential Access. Please send a cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to: email@example.com
Essential Access Health is committed to fostering a work environment and organizational culture where all staff members feel welcomed, safe, respected, and valued. We strive to create a workplace that is free from discrimination and advances equity and inclusion. We commit to a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
Job and internship postings are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.