Youth Outreach + Engagement Coordinator
Essential Access Health is looking for a Youth Outreach + Engagement Coordinator to design, plan, and implement youth-informed and youth-led Essential Access Health initiatives focused on the South Los Angeles area to help improve sexual and reproductive health outcomes.
Responsibilities may include supporting programs and events in the Los Angeles area, coordinating activities that support youth leadership development and provide mentorship to youth participants and interns, and assisting with activities to increase awareness about program innovations, research, impact, and best practices through presentations at conferences, partner meetings, public forums and other community based events.
The salary for this position is $50,000 annually.
- Design, implement, and evaluate trainings and large events on sexual and reproductive health topics – particularly STI prevention, testing, and access to care – for youth and young adult audiences.
- Coordinate South Los Angeles youth engagement programs and recruit, select, train, and supervise program participants and interns to support adolescent health activities, including activities that support the development of youth leaders.
- Assist in the implementation of the YYA workgroup strategic plan, engage and recruit youth and young adult-focused community based organizations to participate in the YYA workgroup and CAC, and maintain required documentation and records.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate Annual Spring into Love Conference in collaboration with youth interns and participants.
- Facilitate and maintain new and existing Essential Access Health collaborations with community, non-governmental, and governmental stakeholders.
- Support with dissemination of findings for the Youth Secret Shopper Program.
- Conduct project evaluation planning, implementation, and analysis to enhance program relevance and impact.
- Recruit community based organizations working with youth and young adults to participate in trainings on comprehensive sexual and reproductive health.
- Participate in program meetings and conferences, representing Essential Access Health in the areas of evaluation and programmatic research.
- Support the development and dissemination of best practices, toolkits and scientific papers in conjunction with program staff and partners.
- Provide on and offsite training and technical assistance to external partners.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health/related field and three years’ equivalent experience working in community health promotion settings with youth and young adults.
- Familiarity with sexual and reproductive health needs of youth living in South Los Angeles.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with adolescents including familiarity surrounding adolescent reproductive and sexual health topics and youth development principles. Experience overseeing youth peer educators or youth volunteers is a plus.
- Experience conducting project administration/program coordination, public health needs assessments, program evaluation, and focus groups.
- Knowledge of adolescent sexual and reproductive health topics and trends.
- Understanding and interest in social determinants of health and health justice.
- Competence in Microsoft Word for Windows, Outlook, and Excel. Applicants must be tech savvy and have familiarity with social media platforms.
- Excellent written, public speaking and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team setting.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly within Los Angeles County, and occasionally work after traditional work hours and on weekends.
- Excellent organizational skills and adept at working on multiple projects.
- Commitment to Essential Access Health’s mission of championing and promoting quality sexual + reproductive health care for all.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A current California Driver’s License, current registration and current automobile insurance coverage is required if you drive on company business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Access Health’s mission is to insure comprehensive family planning and other health services to all Californians. All employees must be supportive of Essential Access Health’s mission and goals and be able to handle mature subject material about reproductive and sexual health in a confident and professional manner.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Essential Access Health is committed to fostering a work environment and organizational culture where all staff members feel welcomed, safe, respected, and valued. We strive to create a workplace that is free from discrimination and advances equity and inclusion. We commit to a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
Job and internship postings are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.