Clinical Informatics & Evaluation Intern (Los Angeles)
The Clinical Informatics + Evaluation Intern will work on medical informatics and program evaluation projects for Essential Access Health’s Research + Evaluation Division. This internship is tailored to people seeking exposure to data informatics, database management, and evaluation of public health projects.
The Clinical Informatics + Evaluation Intern will assist with a variety of projects primarily related to Essential Access’ network of family planning agencies throughout the state. The Research + Evaluation Division manages a complex data system to collect family planning data from all agencies, maintains a data dashboard to report back on quality measures drawn from the data, and conducts quality improvement activities with the agencies. Our staff works with clinics and providers on a variety of projects to help them better utilize their electronic health records systems. We also conduct the evaluation of a wide variety of projects implemented throughout the organization.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- College degree related to public health or informatics
- Work experience in public health, informatics or database management
- Strong ability to work meticulously with detailed information
- Advanced-level Excel skills
Individual assignments will depend on the intern’s interests, experience, abilities, and education. Learning topics may include any or all of the following:
- Survey creation, implementation, and analysis
- Compilation and analysis of data from surveys, from the statewide family planning database, or from other sources
- Preparation of tables, graphs and infographics showing project progress and results
- Design of web pages and web features for Essential Access data dashboard
- Testing of user experience with features for both the dashboard and electronic health records systems
How to Apply
Submit a current resume and a cover letter addressing why you are interested in pursuing an internship in sexual and reproductive health care to the email address on the listing.