Identifying + Responding to Human Trafficking in Health Care Settings
Human trafficking is all around us, but what are the signs? This on-demand webinar will enhance the capacity of clinic staff and providers to identify and support patients that are being trafficked, or may be at high risk. You will also learn best practices for integrating trauma-informed approaches into their practice to best address the health care needs of trafficking survivors and other victims of violence. Specific recommendations will be provided for developing protocols and providing referrals based on the latest research and/or best practices in addressing this issue.
- Medical Assistants
- Health Educators + Counselors
- Medical Directors
- Health Care/Clinic Administrators
- Community Health + Outreach Workers
- All Title X delegate agency staff (required to take annually)
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe approaches to assessing patients for human trafficking, including universal education.
- Discuss challenges clinicians may encounter when caring for patients whom they suspect have been trafficked.
- List tenets of trauma informed care.
- Identify local resources to assist patients identified as victims.
The course fee includes CEU processing (CPH = 1.0; CHES = 1.0; Nursing = 1.2; CME = 1.0).
Certified in Public Health (CPH):
This event was sponsored by Essential Access Health, an approved provider of CPH Recertification Credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners for 1.0 credits.
Health Educators (CHES®):
Essential Access Health, provider #98021, is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health educators attending this program may report up to 1.0 contact hours.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 1.2 contact hours.
Essential Access Health is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Essential Access Health designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.